Fireworks In New York City, March 15th, 2011

Persian New Year 2011 – 1390 Norooz, Nowruz, Norouz,  نوروزIranian Fire Festival 2011 – Persian New Year 2011 – 1390 Norooz, Nowruz, Norouz, نوروز Norouz Celebrations, Events and News

Wondering what the fireworks were tonight?  Could it be the Iranian Fire festival?
Iranian Fire Festival

Iranian Fire Festival

Iranian Fire Festival or  Chahrshanbe-Suri

The Iranian Fire Festival Chah rshanbe-Suri is an ancient Iranian festival dating back to at least 1700 BCE, also called the Festival of Fire.  It is a prelude to Nowruz Iranian New Year , which marks the arrival of spring.
During this event we celebrate Iranian heritage and educate young generation and non-Iranians on Iranian culture and history, by providing high quality performances, traditional dances, music and other activities related to the occasion.  Bonfires are an integrated part of this celebration and we replaced it with an elaborated Firework that is a source of joy for the local residents and participants.
This entry was posted in World Fireworks Events. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Fireworks In New York City, March 15th, 2011

1. Amanda says:

The fireworks at 9:30pm were not a source of joy for me and my family who live right next door to Mel Lastman Square. My children were sleeping and woke up frightened and crying because they didn’t know what was going on. I am not against the celebration but in my opinion, a Tuesday evening was not an appropriate night of the week for fireworks.

2. Jen says:

I completely agree with Amanda, who just posted about the timing of the fireworks. I am sure they were enjoyable for the attendants of the festival, but for the rest of us who share the same sky, it was extremely disruptive. I live in Hoboken, and our entire home was flooded with loud booming noises that woke my son up. It would have been courteous to make the fireworks at least an hour earlier.

3. Trudy says:

The red and white fireworks were beautiful and loud.
    I had to search the web to find out what was happening.
    When I finally found the reference, I was pleased to learn it was a holiday.

4. Anonymous says:

Thanks for that awesome posting. It saved MUCH time :-)

5. TZ says:

It was awesome !!! I enjoyed it a lot !

6. Sarah says:

Mel Lastman Square is in Toronto. But there were fireworks Tuesday night, March 15th, that could be heard in Hoboken, that I assume came out of NYC, or rather the Hudson River between NYC and NJ. So what was the reason for that? Something isn’t right about this blog post. If that festival was in Toronto, then why did New York City have fireworks?

7. view says:

You definitely put forth some hard work! Well executed, sir.